Haría Extreme Lanzarote REGULATIONS
ARTICLE 1.0 Sportive attitude and respect for the environment
ARTICLE 2.0 Registration and payment
- 1. Only entries made through www.hariextreme.com will be accepted. The required documents must be completed, as well as paying the registration fee.
- 2. Each participant must complete his/her personal data successfully, as it will be used by the organization during the collection of the race numbers.
- 3. The payment period will be completed 15 days before the start of the race or until registrations are full.
- 4. Once registered, you will have a guaranteed spot. In case of cancellation, the organization will only refund the amount on the closing date of the registrations, or up to 15 days before the start of the race. Any changes to an entry (race or name) must be made at most 2 months before the race. After this date no changes can be made.
- Cancellation and registration costs.
- Once the registration is made, the refund can be requested with the consequent costs of cancellation.
- Until August 15: 80% of the registration.
- Until October 31: 50% of the registration.
- From November 1 onwards, no amount will be refunded.
To apply for the refund of the registration, just in case of injury or illness which makes the runner not able to do the race on the stipulated date, an e-mail will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org the personal data, attaching the medical certificate which proves the severity and/or major cause of the withdrawal.
- Change of the modality.
The organization offers the possibility to do a change on the modality provided that there are available bibs in that modality.
Refunds, change of name or race distance will have an extra charge of 5€
In order to make the change, you will have to request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Registrations to any modality of the Haría Extreme Lanzarote will be carried out via internet through the web portal enabled for it.
The registration to any of the modalities of the Haría Extreme de Lanzarote 2019, implies the presentation of an official medical certificate (the Ultra modality) signed and stamped by a certified doctor with a validity not exceeding 12 months before the start of the race. If you already have a valid medical certificate, (even if issued for another test) you can send it using the link located at the top of this page.
ARTICLE 2.1. Requirements for participation
- 1. Be of legal age, except:
· In the KIDS EXTREME race (from 3 to 15 years).
- 2. To recognise and accept the conditions of this regulation.
- 3. To perform all pre-registration and registration steps correctly.
ARTICLE 2.2 Medical form
ARTICLE 2.3 Disclaimers
ARTICLE 2.4 Image rights
ARTICLE 2.5 Publicity
ARTICLE 3.0 Equipment controls
ARTICLE 3.1 Starting and finishing
ARTICLE 4.0 Checkpoints
ARTICLE 4.1 Aid stations and external assistance
ARTICLE 4.2 Aid stations’ closing times
ARTICLE 5.0 Abandoning the race
ARTICLE 5.1 Race directors’ responsibility
ARTICLE 5.2 Means of progression during the competition
ARTICLE 5.3 Required material
- A functioning, fully charged mobile phone
- ID card, passport or driving license (photo ID)
- Water tank of minimum 1 litre for the Ultra race. Water tank of minimum 0.5 litres for all other races
- Bip and race chip
- White front light, minimum 200 lumens, and red rear light (compulsory in the Ultra race)
- Raincoat and emergency blanket (compulsory in the Ultra race)
- Cap (Recommended)
- Sunscreen (Recommended)
- Footwear and suitable clothing for mountain races, suitable to the weather conditions on the day of the race (Recommended)
ARTICLE 6.0 Safety standards
Not to carry or to not place some of the specified materials by the organization is ground for immediate disqualification from the race, as well as:
- Failure to heed the instructions of commissioners and collaborators (policemen, civil protection, etc.)
- Not helping a participant who asks for help
- Requesting medical assistance without needing it
ARTICLE 7.0 Categories
FEMALE (aged 18 or more) (veteran sub-category from 40 years old).
MALE (aged 18 or more) (veteran sub-category from 45 years old).
In the Starter race, there will also be a category for minors (14-17 years)
IMPORTANT: trophies and gifts will only be delivered at the awards ceremony and pick up. The runners who don’t assist will not have the right to demand them after the event is ended.
These will be the categories of the organization. Federations shall add any other category only if a race is included to their racetrack.
ARTICLE 8.0 Race directors
ARTICLE 8.1 Stewards
ARTICLE 9.0 Complaints
All claims will be accepted upon payment of a €50 deposit. This deposit will be refunded only if the organization considers the complaint is justified.
Complaints concerning provisional rankings can be made up to 30 minutes after their publication. Once this period concludes, no complaints will be allowed.